Office of the DeKalb County District Attorney

Stone Mountain Judicial Circuit

Sherry Boston, District Attorney


Thursday, October 19, 2023

State v. Faruk Fadesire

Decatur, Ga.- DeKalb County District Attorney Sherry Boston announces a conviction by jury trial in the case of a Clarkston man accused of shooting and killing a woman inside a Stone Mountain hotel room. 

On Thursday a jury found Faruk Fadesire, 26, guilty on charges of Malice Murder, Felony Murder, Aggravated Assault, and Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony stemming from an incident on October 24, 2020. 

According to the investigation, officers with the DeKalb County Police Department responded around 6:30 p.m. to a report of a person shot at the Scottish Inn on Memorial Drive.  When they arrived, officers found Mikfeesha Dotson, 42, deceased with gunshot wounds to her head, chest and hand. 

Hotel staff provided investigators with check-in paperwork that identified the room’s occupant as Defendant Fadesire, including a copy of his Georgia driver’s license. 

A witness told police the victim had come to Fadesire’s room to do drugs.  As soon as she sat down, Defendant Fadesire opened fire and then left the hotel room. 

Inside the room, investigators found Defendant Fadesire’s driver’s license, concealed carry permit and debit card left behind. 

A little more than three weeks later, officers located and arrested Defendant Fadesire at a home in unincorporated Decatur.  While executing a search warrant, they found a handgun that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation later determined was a match for the bullet casings found at the murder scene. 

DeKalb County Superior Court Judge Nora Polk, who presided over the trial, sentenced Defendant Fadesire to life in prison plus five years. 

The case, assigned to the Trial Division, was prosecuted by Senior Assistant District Attorney Andrew Turner with assistance from Senior ADA Tyshawn Jackson, DA Investigator Katrina Calderon, and Victim Advocate Jenaiya Coleman.  DeKalb County Police Department Detective D. H. Collins led the initial investigation.